Crashed

Well, I accidentally destroyed the LVM volume that this blog ran on. That’s why it was down for like a day. I rebuilt the volume from a build log I have and I had backups of my home directory. So it’s all back. But the latest article was lost, backup didn’t have it, *BUT* when the site fired back up again and I looked at it in my browser, the cache still showed the article! w00t!

So after some copy & paste I put it back in Mephisto. The date changed, but it’s still there. Maybe I should put in a rewrite rule for any old links out there. Nah, it’s not that important ;)

But, for once, the browser cache was helpful :)

Comments